You will be joining our exciting and newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence. Cloud Center of
Excellence is the focal point of the transformation efforts for our IT Modernization project. You
will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices. The Cloud
Specialist should have a solid understanding of cloud services and be able to lead a team of
cross-functional application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists to
promote cloud-first architecture and implementations. You will also be responsible for
supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage
improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy
activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
This individual should be able to implement large-scale cloud implementations and effectively
address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on
· Provide security architecture support for build, migration, and operation of Azure cloud
· Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where
they can bring business value.
· Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure,
networks, and security.
· Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged
by the development organization and engineering teams
· Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; network access, restriction of internet-facing
resources within the cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure
· Provide expertise and serve as subject matter expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure
and applications in Microsoft Azure
· Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional
results retaining maximum associate satisfaction
· Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Security Operations teams with any
· Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge
management system for the Cloud Operations team
· Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews,
root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate
infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with particular
emphases on serving as a technical lead on development projects with on-prem and cloud, or a
team lead or architect across multiple software development projects;
· Demonstrate extensive abilities as a lead: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud
enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of
· Proven extensive ability to develop Cloud strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate,
and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of IT audiences, and management, including
presentations, training, and executive briefings
· As an SME, the individual should -
a) advise application team with azure security
b) develop a migration strategy for azure security components and overall
c) define the operating procedure in a cloud environment
d) support with performance tuning and testing activity
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 2 years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more cloud providers.
Minimum of 1 year experience developing software with at least one production
implementation in one of the following languages: C#/.NET, Java, Python, or Node.
Minimum of 2 years of experience writing in a scripting language that implemented a
deployment to the cloud or supported a cloud workload.
Minimum of 1 year experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
Practical knowledge of web application security.
Minimum of 1 year as a contributor to the design of distributed and highly available cloud
Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure
At least one EXPERT-level certification in a cloud platform technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) or
3 years cloud operations experience.
Strong collaboration skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual
networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
Production experience with a hybrid cloud configuration.
Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
Experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
Experience writing scripts in PowerShell.
Experience with SQL Server.
Experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
Experience working with Azure.
Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).