Summary: Performs a variety of Loan Servicing functions in connection with Commercial, Real Estate, and consumer loans including processing the final closing and distribution of paid loans, preparation of payoff demand statements, and maintenance, tracking, and review of all pending loans documents and exceptions.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate servicing of residential, commercial, and boat mortgages. Including loan set- up, payment processing, insurance tracking, real estate tax processing, escrow processing, and loan payoffs.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Process all paid loans and ensures distribution of Residential Mortgage loan purchase advice documents according to established procedures. • Prepare payoff demand statements and other requests to provide payoff information in written form.
• Maintain, manage, and track all pending/outstanding loan payment documents. • Assist with notice of error and requests for information regarding the processing of mortgage loan payoffs.
• Prepare escrow account reconciliations.
• Ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable, and professional customer service both in person and on the telephone.
• Strong skills operating a personal computer including The Mortgage Office software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and navigating the internet.
• Knowledge of Commercial, Real Estate, and Consumer loan files and documents. • Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment, and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision.
Primary Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with Windows-based computer required. Previous experience with the
Microsoft Office suite and banking-related software The Mortgage Office. • Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards • Working Directly with Borrowers
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
o Ability to work in a high-demand, deadline-sensitive atmosphere. o Ability to be flexible and able to work in a focused multi-task environment.
o Accuracy and Quality – Ability to achieve a high standard with work processes and outcomes, can complete tasks with a concern for all details involved; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity, and completeness; produces quality results.
o Continuous Learning – Ability to take responsibility to own learning and development by acquiring and refining of technical and professional skills needed in job related areas; ability to proactively seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance.
o Verbal Communication – Ability to express ideas effectively and speak clearly in individual or group situations, adjusting style and methods to meet specific needs of the audience; attentively listens to others to gather data and paraphrase meaning to verify understanding.
o Written Communication – Ability to use correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
o Dependability – Ability to follow instructions and respond to management directions.
o Prioritization/Time Management – Ability to assess multiple tasks or issues which are competing for a limited amount of time or resources and effectively determine the order in which each will be addressed; ability to set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity; ability to track both completed and incomplete activities.
o Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a formal or informal team to accomplish Bank goals; ability to respect the needs, ideas, and contributions of others; ability to contribute to and accepts consensus; ability to subordinate own objectives to the bank or their team. Ability to focus on solving conflict, not blaming; ability to maintain confidentiality.
o Customer service – Ability to provide internal and external customers with the highest quality of customer service that meets their needs, in a timely efficient, and professional manner; ability to follow up on customer complaints, questions, or requests.